Download or View: Volunteer Posting in PDF format
We are currently looking to engage a number of passionate and natural public speakers who will deliver in-class children’s’ programming and eco-tours at our Allco Fish Hatchery and within elementary school classrooms. We offer training and learning opportunities for volunteers, regular communication, space to provide input and feedback, leadership opportunities and our great appreciation in many forms!
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and mature
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Passionate about the environment and wildlife in the Fraser Valley
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Age requirement of 19 years and up
Wildlife Workshop Instructor: Provide instructional and environmental workshops on a variety of topics, to ages 5y – 13y in school district 42, including the salmon life cycle, pollinators, forest ecology, owls, other wildlife and endangered species using resources made available. Be creative and use initiatives to develop and deliver exciting and engaging arts, crafts and other child-oriented activities with an environmental focus. Time Commitment:
- Approximately 20-25 hours per month between March–June 2018
- Approximately 15-20 hours per month October – December 2018
- (total of 125-160 hours).